We were thrilled to partner with Skinners Brewery and chef Freddy Bird this year as he launched new recipes and wowed sold out crowds with unique cooking demonstrations using Falcon Enamelware at Port Eliot Festival this Summer.
Freddy is owner and executive chef at the Glass Boat, Three Brothers Burgers and the Lido in Bristol! We want to share a delicious recipe for Freddy's mouth-watering sticky ribs which is ideal for using your Falcon serving trays to serve and prep sets to prepare. This is the perfect recipe for celebrating Bonfire night with friends and family this weekend! Enjoy!
• Dried oregano – 1 teaspoon
• Caster sugar – 1/2 teaspoon
• Smoked paprika – 1 teaspoon
• Muscovado sugar – 1 teaspoon
• Ground cumin – 1/3 teaspoon
• Salt and pepper – a liberal sprinkling
Beer & bourbon BBQ sauce
• 1 red onion
• 6 cloves garlic
• 1 teaspoon cumin – ground
• 2 teaspoons coriander – ground
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1 star anise – ground
• 1 teaspoon chipotle paste
• 1 tablespoon dark muscovado
• 50ml maple syrup
• 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
• 50g tamarind paste
• 1 bottle Hops and Honey
• 300g tinned apricots – blitzed
• 50ml honeyed bourbon or revolver rum
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Place the marinated ribs in roasting tray with a cup of water and cook at 160 degrees for 3 hours.
• Finish cooking the ribs on the BBQ for 1 hour. Off-set the wood so the heat is not direct and cook over a fruit wood like cherry or apple for a more subtle.
• While the meat is barbecuing, prepare the BBQ sauce. Sweat down onions and garlic until soft and sweet. Add spices – fry for a few more minutes. Add the beer (reduce by 2/3rds) then add the other ingredients and simmer for about an hour and a half. Blend.
• Serve over the top of your beef ribs!
You can buy your Hops ‘N’ Honey from our online shop here.
Image credit: Skinners/Jonathan Birch