Our Roasted Rice with Tomato and Garlic Confit recipe works throughout all seasons. In the warmer months serve cold as a side salad at a BBQ, and during the winter serve hot alongside a warming stew.
PREPERATION TIME: 15 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 1 HOUR 30 MINUTES
1. Preheat the oven to 180C
2. Arrange the tomatoes, garlic, shallots, coriander stems, thyme and cinnamon sticks in a large roasting dish. Our large tray from our bake set or largest pan in our Pie Set works well here.
3. Pour in the olive oil, 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp of pepper to the Roasting Dish. Place in the oven, uncovered, for 1 hour until softened. Remove from oven and sprinkle the rice all over the vegetables, but do not stir them together. Set aside.
4. Increase the oven temperature to 230C. Sprinkle 3/4 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp of pepper over the rice.
5. Carefully pour the boiling water evenly over everything. Seal the dish tightly with tin foil.
6. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, until the rice is cooked. Remove and set aside for 10 minutes. Do not remove the foil. The residual steam will finish cooking the rice perfectly.
7. Remove the foil, sprinkle with chopped coriander leaves, stirring them gently into the rice. Serve in the Roasting Dish.