Looking for some baking inspiration? For an alternative use of our Bake Set, follow our Nutella Cardamom Cinnamon Roll recipe below. The recipe serves 12 but can be adapted depending on how many portions you wish to make. Choose the size of your bake pan depending on the quantities you are using. For a serving of 12 use the largest pan in our set, whereas are making a mini-portion of 2 cinnamon rolls, our smallest 20cm Pie Dishes work perfectly.
Prep Time 2 hours 25 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
1. In a large mixing bowl from our Prep Set, stir together the flour, yeast, honey or sugar, and salt. Make a well in the center of the ingredients, crack in the egg, and pour in 1 cup lukewarm water. Stir with your hands, then tip out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead the dough for 10 minutes, adding a little more flour if needed, until you have a smooth, slightly sticky ball of dough.
2. Oil the enamel bowl and place the dough in it. Cover with a clean kitchen towel and leave to rise in a warm place for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
3. Grease your chosen bake pan from our bake set with some sunflower or avocado oil. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a rectangle, 20 x 12 1/2 inches.
4. Spread the Nutella over all of the dough.
In a small bowl, sift the cinnamon and cardamom together. Using a small sieve, shake the spice mixture evenly over the Nutella.
5. Sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the Nutella (if using)
6. Starting with a short edge, roll the dough into a 12 1/2 inches log, then cut the log into 12 even pieces and arrange each piece in the greased dish. Cover loosely with oiled plastic wrap and leave to rise in a warm place for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
7. Remove the plastic wrap from the rolls and bake for 35 to 45 minutes on the middle rack until golden brown and well risen.
8. In the meantime, using a stand mixer or hand held version, blend the cream cheese and sugar together. Add some of the espresso and blend again till smooth. Keep adding espresso till you like the consistency. If you would like it thicker, add some more sugar.
9. Cool the rolls on a cooling rack for about 5 minutes before adding the glaze. Spread the glaze over them. Let it set before serving.