SERVES: Serves 6 (or makes 10 mini tumblers)
PREP TIME: 30 minutes plus overnight chilling and next day whipping
1. Chop the chocolate into small chunks, and place into a one of our large enamel bowls. Set the bowl over a gently simmering bain-marie and allow to melt.
2. Meanwhile, combine the whipping cream and chestnut puree in another bowl from our Prep Set. Set over a medium heat and stir occasionally to allow the puree to dissolve into the cream. Heat until small bubbles begin to form around the edge of the pan.
3. Once the chocolate is melted, remove the bowl from the heat and gradually pour over the chestnut cream mix, whisking together until completely combined.
4. Allow the mix to cool to room temperature, cover and then chill overnight in the fridge.
5. The next day, pour the now thickened and cooled mixture into the bowl of a stand mixer (you can also use an electric hand whisk), and whip until it holds a peak - be careful not to overwhip otherwise the mix will split and become grainy.
6. Once whipped, the mousse can be spooned into a piping bag and piped into tumblers or mini tumblers, or dolloped into a large serving plate for a sharing style dessert.
7. Garnish with chocolate curls.